StrategyDriven Podcast Special Edition 53 – An Interview with Randy Dobbs, author of Transformational Leadership
StrategyDriven Podcasts focus on the tools and techniques executives and managers can use to improve their organization’s alignment and accountability to ultimately achieve superior results. These podcasts elaborate on the best practice and warning flag articles on the StrategyDriven website.
Special Edition 53 – An Interview with Randy Dobbs, author of Transformational Leadership examines what it takes to achieve real and meaningful organizational change in a way that improves overall performance and ultimately enhances the bottom line. During our discussion, Randy Dobbs, author of Transformational Leadership: A Blueprint for Real Organizational Change, share with us his insights, approaches, and real-world experiences regarding:
- the importance of having earnings as a transformational goal and how to link that goal to an organizational change
- personal qualities, characteristics, and attributes transformational leaders embody
- the ‘secret sauce’ of transformational change and how a leader creates it
- basic building block steps to achieving real organizational change
- signs the organization has achieved a true transformation and won’t revert back to past habits or the way it used to be done
- achieving and maintaining a balance of both personality and style and knowledge, skills, and experiences among members of the senior leadership team
- when inheriting a leadership team, how to identify who on that team should stay, who should go, and what role each person should fill
In addition to the incredible insights Randy shares in Transformational Leadership and this special edition podcast are the resources accessible from his website, www.DobbsLeadership.com. Randy’s book, Transformational Leadership, can be purchased by clicking here.
The strength of our community grows with the additional insights brought by our expanding member base. Please consider rating us on iTunes by clicking here. Rating the StrategyDriven Podcast and providing your comments online improves our ranking and helps us attract new listeners which, in turn, helps us grow our community.
Thank you again for listening to the StrategyDriven Podcast!
About the Authors
Randy Dobbs, author of Transformational Leadership, is a Senior Operating Executive at Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe; one of the largest and most successful private-equity firms in the United States. Randy rose to become a CEO in a General Electric Company business with the encouragement and coaching of high-level executives including the legendary GE Chairman, Jack Welch. In a string of GE positions of increasing responsibility, Randy excelled as a turnaround specialist who transformed every organization he led and established a winning record of improved earnings. More recently, Randy used the same ‘secret sauce’ to transform and improve earnings as CEO of Philips Medical Systems, North America, and USIS, a leading global security services provider, where he led 7,000 knowledge workers to a new understanding of how to work together to achieve business results. To read Randy’s complete biography, click here.
FREE StrategyDriven Trial Membership
Start your FREE trial membership* and receive:
* Free 14 day trial included with a monthly membership registration. A monthly recurring subscription of $9.95 will begin after the initial 14 day trial period. Memberships can be cancelled at any time. Premium Member access will continue until the free/paid subscription expires.
† Available only to those living within the United States after the first monthly membership payment is received. Name and address information required. Books typically valued from $14.95 – $29.95 USD. Book value is not guaranteed.