StrategyDriven Professional Podcasts focus on the tools and techniques business professionals can use to accelerate their careers and personal goals achievement. These podcasts elaborate on the principle, best practice, and warning flag articles found on the StrategyDriven Professional website.
Episode 1 – Standing Out Among Professional Peers, part 1 of 3 focuses on the need to stand out among professional peers and challengers both within your organization and when applying for external positions. During our discussion, Wendy Powell, author of Management Experience Acquired: Necessary Skills for Successfully Managing Any Employee, shares with us her insights and illustrative examples regarding:
- the differentiation promoting and hiring executives and managers are looking for in potential candidates
- how to communicate a desire to be considered for an open position to the hiring manager
- when to communicate to one’s superior that you are seeking another position outside of the superior’s workgroup and within the organization
- methods of effectively engaging with other professionals, including recruiters, through social media
In addition to the incredible insights Wendy shares in Management Experience Acquired and this podcast are the resources accessible from her website, www.ManagementExperienceAcquired.com. Wendy’s book, Management Experience Acquired, can be purchased by clicking here.
About the Author
Wendy Powell is the author of Management Experience Acquired. With more than twenty-five years of human resource and management consulting experience, Wendy has spent most of her career at the University of Michigan. She is currently on the business faculty at both Palm Beach State College and the University of Phoenix. A member of the Society of Human Resource Management, she received a leadership award in 2002 from the Midwest College and University Professional Association for Human Resources. She is routinely featured on The Huffington Post and has appeared on Fox Business’s The Strategy Room. Wendy holds a Bachelor of Science degree in business management and a Master of Arts degree in organizational management.
Nathan Ives is a StrategyDriven Principal, and Host of the StrategyDriven Podcast. For over twenty years, he has served as trusted advisor to executives and managers at dozens of Fortune 500 and smaller companies in the areas of management effectiveness, organizational development, and process improvement. To read Nathan’s complete biography, click here.
FREE StrategyDriven Trial Membership
Start your FREE trial membership* and receive:
[s2Member-PayPal-Button level=”1″ ccaps=”” desc=”Bronze Member – monthly recurring membership subscription” ps=”paypal” lc=”” cc=”USD” dg=”0″ ns=”1″ custom=”www.strategydriven.com” ta=”0″ tp=”2″ tt=”W” ra=”9.95″ rp=”1″ rt=”M” rr=”1″ rrt=”” rra=”1″ image=”http://www.strategydriven.com/wp-content/themes/strategydriven/img/FreeTrialButton300.jpg” output=”button” /]
* Free 14 day trial included with a monthly membership registration. A monthly recurring subscription of $9.95 will begin after the initial 14 day trial period. Memberships can be cancelled at any time. Premium Member access will continue until the free/paid subscription expires.
† Available only to those living within the United States after the first monthly membership payment is received. Name and address information required. Books typically valued from $14.95 – $29.95 USD. Book value is not guaranteed.