Email: [email protected]
Niese Lang Robinson is a StrategyDriven Advisory Services Senior Advisor with over ten years of experience. She has advised executives, senior managers, and board members at numerous Fortune 500 companies within the Energy, Financial, Hospitality, Gaming, Retail, Manufacturing, and Real Estate Industries. Niese specializes in operational process improvement, controls optimization, risk management, Information Technology (IT) audits, and Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
Niese’s expertise in Information Technology includes IT process capabilities (COBIT), corporate governance (COSO), ITIL practices, quality process re-engineering (Six Sigma Black Belt), and in-depth knowledge of operations and controls environments. She possesses specific expertise with Oracle E-Business Suite (full technology stack), Oracle Fusion (full technology stack), JD Edwards (full technology stack), and maintains a functional working knowledge of SAP (full technology stack).
As a trusted advisor, Niese has worked with executives and senior management at numerous Energy, Financial, Hospitality, Gaming, Retail, Manufacturing, and Real Estate Industry companies. Some of her engagements include:
- National Oracle Security and Controls Champion, ERP Risk Advisory Services Manager – planned, implemented, and led the strategizing efforts leading to the formal creation of the ERP Risk Advisory Services Group – Oracle (Oracle, Fusion, PeopleSoft, JDE):
- Created the Oracle IT Risk Audit & Consulting Firm Methodology; drafted Oracle IT audit work programs (risks / control objectives / control activities / detailed test plans); recruited, trained, and coached first Oracle client services team
- Prepared and presented Oracle specific training at the McGladrey National Risk Advisory Services Conference
- Managed execution of SAP and Oracle consulting engagements (IT risk assessments to support operational, SDLC, Financial, and SOX audits)
- Risk and Process Assurance Manager – provided program and project management for engagement teams executing IT audit, controls optimization (finance and IT), process improvement, construction audit, vendor selection, etcetera, within the financial, hospitality, gaming, manufacturing, and real estate industries:
- Supervised the client engagement processes: planned, sourced, managed, and organized work plans, oversaw client interactions, and developed the infrastructure and procedures to ensure successful and timely completion of all client deliverables
- Built, governed, and formally signed off on audit program testing of the operating effectiveness of all general computer control areas
- Managed 2 of the largest global hotel / casino’s first year implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404
- Managed a comprehensive IT risk assessment for a global hospitality client planning initial public offering (IPO)
- Led and performed software code reviews for financial audit and compliance requirements
- Awarded the National Chairman’s Award in recognition of successfully leading a 404 implementation for one of the firm’s Fortune 100 clients
- Business Advisory Services – served as a core member of the IT SOX 404 audit teams for clients within the manufacturing industry. Audited all aspects of information technology (general computer controls, application controls, process controls).
- Information Systems Process Improvement:
- Performed internal control reviews of information systems and related financial applications (assessments of business cycles – revenue, expenditure, payroll, fixed assets, and treasury) and general information systems controls supporting financial audit objectives across various platforms (AS/400, UNIX, Windows NT/2000, and Novell Netware)
- Reassessed internal control strategies and compliance with best practices resulting in the increased efficiency and effectiveness of business processes
- SOX 404 Readiness and Attestation:
- Reengineered business process controls based on industry best practices
- Participated in the design, implementation, and testing of a cohesive JDE application security framework to support the integrity requirements of ERP-supported business processes for a manufacturing client, leading to a favorable compliance determination by the external auditor
- Assisted clients in the alignment of their ERP security and controls strategies with regulatory requirements and quality standards
- Performed assessments of the JD Edwards World and OneWorld Xe Business Process Controls and implementation of the application security
- Performed a JD Edwards OneWorld Xe Business Process Control Gap analysis for a Fortune 500 company within the manufacturing industry
Niese earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Technology from California Polytechnic State University. In addition to degree conferring programs, Niese has received several leading certifications from respected national and international organizations including:
- Project Management Institute, Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional, (ISC)2, License
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, ASQ, License
- Deloitte & PwC, COSO Internal Controls Design and Implementation
- Manufacturing Quality Inspection Certification
Niese can be contacted by email at [email protected].