Strategic analysis is a critical component of the strategic planning process. An integral part of a company’s evaluation and control program, it provides managers with a comprehensive assessment of the organization’s capabilities and market factors; revealing growth opportunities and vulnerabilities. Armed with this information, managers can more effectively choose from among today’s strategic alternatives to create the greatest future reward potential.
Strategic analysis combines in-depth information from a number of internal and external sources to create a picture of the subject company’s current health and future viability. A multi-phased approach to data acquisition and analysis includes:
- Strategic Posture and Performance Analysis
- Internal Capabilities Assessment
- External Environment Assessment
- Analysis of Strategic Factors
- Strategic Alternatives and Recommended Actions
Execution of these iterative processes takes place throughout the year with a frequency dictated by the pace of both internal and external environmental change.
Focus of the Strategic Analysis Forum
Materials in this forum are dedicated to discussing the leading practices of companies that successfully execute strategic analysis processes to support the ongoing strategic planning process. The following articles, podcasts, documents, and resources cover those topics critical to a superior strategic analysis program.
StrategyDriven Personal Business Advisor Remote Assistance and Dedicated Advisor clients and Strategic Analysis Forum subscribers can access all of the articles listed below. Self-Guided clients can access those articles annotated as [SG = 📱]
Not yet a StrategyDriven Personal Business Advisor client? Click here to learn more.
- Best Practice – Integrity Without Excuses [SG = 📱]
- Best Practice – advocatus diaboli – The Devil’s Advocate
- Best Practice – Identify the Hidden Drivers [SG = 📱]
- Best Practice – Identify the Hidden Drivers (Continued) [SG = 📱]
- Best Practice – Independent Assessors
- Best Practice – The Use of Models
- Best Practice – Multidiscipline Teams
- Best Practice – Diverse Models
- Best Practice – Validate the Extremes
- Best Practice – Compare Organizational Goals to Resource Assignments
- Introduction to Strategic Analysis
- Identify the Hidden Drivers, part 1 of 3
- Identify the Hidden Drivers, part 2 of 3
- Identify the Hidden Drivers, part 3 of 3
- Independent Assessors
- The Use of Models
- Multidiscipline Teams
- Diverse Models
- Validate the Extremes
StrategyDriven Podcast – Special Edition
- An Interview with Robert Morison, co-author of Analytics at Work
- An Interview with Robert Simons, author of Seven Strategy Questions
- Analysis [StrategyDriven Premium Content]
- Essentials of Strategic Management by J. David Hunger and Thomas L. Wheelen
The StrategyDriven Team
Headquartered in Acworth, Georgia, StrategyDriven provides affordable business analytics consultants in Atlanta, the Southeast, throughout the United States, and around the World. Our world class advisors are recognized leaders in their chosen fields.
To learn more about StrategyDriven’s team of seasoned business executives, click here.