StrategyDriven Podcasts focus on the tools and techniques executives and managers can use to improve their organization’s alignment and accountability to ultimately achieve superior results. These podcasts elaborate on the best practice and warning flag articles on the StrategyDriven website.
Special Edition 27 – An Interview with Chris Edgar, author of Inner Productivity explores how to eliminate the mind’s distractions that diminish work productivity, heighten stress, and limit personal happiness. During our discussion, Chris Edgar, author of Inner Productivity: A Mindful Path to Efficiency and Enjoyment in Your Work, shares with us his insights and illustrative examples regarding:
- the principle of mindful efficiency
- how mental distractions cause individuals to unknowingly multitask; reducing their work productivity
- practical activities to eliminate one’s internal distractions thereby increasing focus on the task at hand
- steps an individual can take to overcome a creative blankness such as writer’s block
In addition to the outstanding insights Chris shares in Inner Productivity and this special edition podcast are the additional resources accessible from his website at www.InnerProductivity.com. Chris’s book, Inner Productivity, can be purchased by clicking here.
Chris also offers an insightful six part video series on eliminating the inner distractions that limit personal productivity. These include:
- How I Came to This Work (above)
- Why is Inner Productivity Important?
- From “Fight or Flight” to Acceptance
- Dealing with Writers Block
- Disolve Your Distractions
- Focus on Your Contribution
The strength of our community grows with the additional insights brought by our expanding member base. Please consider rating us on iTunes by clicking here. Rating the StrategyDriven Podcast and providing your comments online improves our ranking and helps us attract new listeners which, in turn, helps us grow our community.
Thank you again for listening to the StrategyDriven Podcast!
About the Author
Chris Edgar, author of Inner Productivity, is a renowned author, speaker, and personal coach who focuses on helping people follow their true career callings and find more enjoyment and efficiency in what they do. His articles have been published in Balance, Balanced Living, EdgeLife, Mystic Pop, New Age Journal, New Renaissance, Self-Improvement, WellBeing, and Wisdom. To read Chris’s full biography, click here.