StrategyDriven is proud to announce the launch of a risk management resource forum; providing innovative thought leadership and collaboration opportunities to help leaders effectively address their most pressing operational risks.
After seeing the devastation from the Texas fertilizer plant and Louisiana chemical plant explosions, StrategyDriven wanted to help industrial and utility leaders better identify, mitigate, and control their operational risks to prevent similar accidents from occurring at their facilities.
“The unfortunate reality is that industrial accidents are increasingly likely in a world challenged to produce more, faster, and with fewer resources while also dealing with the significant loss of operating experience resulting from the retirement of baby boomers,” explains Nathan Ives, StrategyDriven’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “To help clients combat these risks, StrategyDriven advisors, applying decades of nuclear and high-risk industrial operations experience, authored a library of operational risk management tools easily accessible from our online risk management forum.”
Developed by highly experienced nuclear and industrial complex leaders, StrategyDriven‘s risk management resource forum provides actionable methods and tools executives and managers can use to identify, assess, prioritize, monitor, mitigate, and control their operational risks. Thought leadership items contained within the forum focus on topics such as:
- Operational Risk Quantification – identification of unique risk index values associated with potentially adverse events enabling prioritization of their mitigators relative to the organization’s portfolio of operational activities and strategic initiatives
- Integrated Enterprise Risk Assurance Mapping – visualization of the relationships between enterprise risks and their associated processes while concurrently revealing the degree of oversight applied to these processes
- High-Risk Decision Management – identification, selection, and implementation of action plans to address strategically important and operationally hazardous circumstances, the outcomes of which impact the safety and reliability of employees and assets
The risk management forum’s thought leadership documents are being distributed to StrategyDriven‘s clients, including some of the world’s largest utility operators. These documents can be accessed by clicking here.
All organizations face a host of risks incurred during the conduct of day-to-day business operations and stakeholder interactions. These risks challenge executives and managers in so far as they can have consequentially negative impacts on the organization’s ongoing sustainability from an operational, financial, reputational, and regulatory perspective.
Risk = Probability of an adverse event’s occurrence times the severity of the event’s impact should it occur
Organization leaders seek to manager their risks’ likelihood and/or impact; identifying, assessing, and prioritizing followed by monitoring, mitigating (accepting, avoiding, minimizing, or transferring), and controlling each risk. Effective risk management optimizes the cost of risk monitoring and mitigation with the expense incurred should the event occur.
Focus of the Risk Management Forum
Materials within the risk management forum focus on those principles, best practices, and warning flags associated with the effective monitoring, mitigation, and response to both identified and unidentified – Black Swan – risks.
For detailed insight on making and managing high-risk decisions, visit StrategyDriven‘s Decision-Making Forum.
- Value of Effective Risk Management [Complimentary StrategyDriven Premium Content]
- Best Practice – Map Corporate Risks to Operational Processes [StrategyDriven Premium Content]
- Best Practice – Integrated Risk Assurance Oversight Matrix [StrategyDriven Premium Content]
- Best Practice – Procedure Annotation and Commitment Tracking [StrategyDriven Premium Content]
- Best Practice – Risk Quantification [StrategyDriven Premium Content]
- Best Practice – Ongoing Risk Monitoring [StrategyDriven Premium Content]
- Best Practice – Monitoring for Organization-Wide Performance Risk Associated with Large Capital Projects [StrategyDriven Premium Content]
- Warning Flag – Unadjusted Resourcing of Risk Monitoring Activities [StrategyDriven Premium Content]
- Why Some Firms Thrive While Others Fail by Thomas Stanton
Corporate Risk Analysis, Management, and Mitigation
We help reduce corporate risk exposure through an independent assessment of your enterprise risk programs. We can help you develop a risk profile, benchmark your risks against industry peers, identify risk management program gaps, and develop and implement a multi-year oversight program to manage your risks consistent with industry guidelines. Learn more about how we can support your implementation and upgrade efforts or contact us for a personal consultation.