StrategyDriven Podcast Special Edition 51 – An Interview with Priscilla Nelson and Ed Cohen, co-authors of Riding the Tiger
StrategyDriven Podcasts focus on the tools and techniques executives and managers can use to improve their organization’s alignment and accountability to ultimately achieve superior results. These podcasts elaborate on the best practice and warning flag articles on the StrategyDriven website.
Special Edition 51 – An Interview with Priscilla Nelson and Ed Cohen, co-authors of Riding the Tiger examines what it takes to lead a thriving global organization through an Enron-like catastrophic event. During our discussion, Priscilla Nelson and Ed Cohen, co-authors of Riding the Tiger: Leading Through Learning in Turbulent Times, share with us their insights, personal experiences, and illustrative examples regarding:
- a brief history of the catastrophic events that took place at Satyam Computer Services and the impact those events had on the company
- the six components of the ‘Lights On’ strategy
- the role of communications and learning in executing the ‘Lights On’ strategy
- the most important leadership guidelines when dealing with a crisis
- what executives should do to ensure their organization’s leadership team is prepared to deal with a crisis should one occur
- what leaders should do to ensure their personnel don’t revert to an undesired way of behaving during a time of crisis
- how leaders can keep their employees focused on the good of the company and its salvation during troubled times
In addition to the incredible insights Priscilla and Ed share in Riding the Tiger and this special edition podcast are the resources accessible from their websites, www.NelsonCohen.com and www.RidingTheTiger.com. Priscilla and Ed’s book, Riding the Tiger, can be purchased by clicking here.
The strength of our community grows with the additional insights brought by our expanding member base. Please consider rating us on iTunes by clicking here. Rating the StrategyDriven Podcast and providing your comments online improves our ranking and helps us attract new listeners which, in turn, helps us grow our community.
Thank you again for listening to the StrategyDriven Podcast!
About the Authors
Ed Cohen & Priscilla Nelson, partners at Nelson Cohen Global Consulting ( www.NelsonCohen.com), provide thought leadership and strategic guidance to leaders and companies around the world. They are co-authors of Riding the Tiger: Leading Through Learning in Turbulent Times (www.ridingthetiger.com) published by ASTD 2010.
Ed has worked in more than 40 countries with organizations including Booz Allen Hamilton, Satyam, Seer Technologies, National Australia Bank, Larson & Toubro and the World Economic Forum. He is the only Chief Learning Officer to lead two companies to ASTD BEST Award #1 ranking; Booz Allen Hamilton and Satyam Computer Services (only company outside United States to achieve this).
Pris has 30 years of experience with Fortune 500 companies around the world. She has received international acclaim for her work in global leadership development, diversity and executive coaching.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 39:00 — 53.6MB)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!