StrategyDriven Podcasts focus on the tools and techniques executives and managers can use to improve their organization’s alignment and accountability to ultimately achieve superior results. These podcasts elaborate on the best practice and warning flag articles found on the StrategyDriven website.
Episode 28 – Responsibility-Driven Leadership examines why now more than ever, people seek leaders who see beyond their own needs, who have vision and integrity, who inspire trust, and who encourage and develop their employees. During this discussion, Emmett Murphy, Chair of Murphy Leadership, shares with us his insights on:
- the difference between responsibility and accountability
- what responsibility-driven leadership is and qualities these leaders possess
- the unique value responsibility-driven leadership provides to help companies survive and thrive in these difficult economic times
- how responsibility-driven leadership can be fostered among the executives, managers, and employees within an organization
In addition to the invaluable insights Emmett shares with us in this podcast are the additional materials and resources found on his website, Murphy Leadership (www.MurphyLeadership.com). Complimenting Emmett’s website are his two books:
- Leadership IQ: A Personal Development Process Based On A Scientific Study of A New Generation of Leaders
- Talent IQ: Identify Your Company’s Top Performers, Improve or Remove Underachievers, Boost Productivity and Profit
The strength of our community grows with the additional insights brought by our expanding member base. Please consider rating us on iTunes by clicking here. Rating the StrategyDriven Podcast and providing your comments online improves our ranking and helps us attract new listeners which, in turn, helps us grow our community.
Thank you again for listening to the StrategyDriven Podcast!
About the Contributor
Emmett Murphy is Chair of Murphy Leadership, a leadership development consultancy providing dynamic programs, products and services that have yielded remarkable results at companies such as IBM, AT&T, Xerox, and McDonald’s. He is the author of the New York Times business bestseller Leadership IQ and the recently released Talent IQ. Dr. Murphy has held faculty, administrative, and consulting positions with the State University of New York, the American Management Association, Booz-Allen Hamilton, and London University, among others. To read Emmett’s full biography, click here.
Related content from StrategyDriven