Strategy without execution is nothing more than wishful thinking pursued with hope. No organization achieves true success unless it is able to effectively execute its initiatives. It is only through execution that leadership’s strategic vision is married to reality.
“Execution is where the rubber meets the road.”
Tactical execution refers to the collection of actions taken and decisions made at all levels of the organization in the here and now; actions and decisions that ultimately shape the company’s future. Effective execution occurs when the right things get done efficiently. In organizations that execute effectively, leaders continually focus their workforce on accomplishing the priority activities defined by the strategic plan while workers strive to perform those activities in the most efficient manner possible.
Focus of the Tactical Execution Forum
Execution is the life blood of successful organizations. Materials in the Tactical Execution Forum are dedicated to discussing the leading practices of companies that effectively execute their business initiatives and operations to the fulfillment of the organization’s strategic vision. The following articles, podcasts, documents, and resources cover those topics critical to a effective day-to-day work execution:
Total Access StrategyDriven Insights Library Subscribers can access all of the articles listed below. Sample Subscribers can access those articles annotated as [SL]
Not yet a StrategyDriven Insights Library Subscriber? Click here to learn more.
Best Practices Articles
- Best Practice – Priority System Alignment with Mission Goals [SL]
- Best Practice – Illustrated Priority Systems [SL]
- Best Practice – Timely Reporting of Activity Status
- Best Practice – Eliminate Redundant Work
- Best Practice – No Co-, Only Vice [SL]
- Best Practice – Succession of Authority
- Best Practice – Clearly Defined Organizational Roles and Responsibilities
Warning Flags Articles
StrategyDriven Podcast – Video Edition
StrategyDriven Podcast – Special Edition
- An Interview with Forrest Breyfogle, author of Integrated Enterprise Excellence, Volume I – The Basics
- An Interview with Robert Simons, author of Seven Strategy Questions
The StrategyDriven Team
Headquartered in Acworth, Georgia, StrategyDriven provides insightful business performance improvement advice to business leaders in Atlanta, the Southeast, throughout the United States, and around the World. Our world class experts are recognized leaders in their chosen fields.
To learn more about StrategyDriven’s Expert Contributors, click here.