StrategyDriven Podcasts focus on the tools and techniques executives and managers can use to improve their organization’s alignment and accountability to ultimately achieve superior results. These podcasts elaborate on the best practice and warning flag articles on the StrategyDriven website.
Episode 39 – Making Change Work: A Radical Approach to Change Management, Real Leadership explores what true leadership is and how it is effectively applied throughout the change management process. During our discussion, Sharon Drew Morgen, the New York Times bestselling author of Dirty Little Secrets, shares with us her insights and illustrative examples regarding:
- what leadership is and the difference between leadership and management
- the qualities, characteristics, and skills successful change leaders commonly possess
- the difference between the exercise of power and force
- reasons so many change implementations are unsuccessful
- steps leaders should take to ensure change implementations succeed
- how leaders can get buy-in before the change initiative begins
- the outward signs a leader should look for that indicate the change has been accepted; that the organization will continue to adhere to the change and not revert back to its previous way of doing business
- actions the change leader should take if he or she feels the organization is not accepting the change; that the change initiative is failing
In addition to the outstanding insights Sharon Drew shares in Dirty Little Secrets and this edition of the StrategyDriven Podcast are the resources accessible from her websites, www.NewSalesParadigm.com and www.BuyingFacilitation.com. Sharon Drew’s book, Dirty Little Secrets, can be purchased by clicking here.
Making Change Work!
This podcast is the sixth and final podcast in a series that teaches leaders how to make change work.
The strength of our community grows with the additional insights brought by our expanding member base. Please consider rating us on iTunes by clicking here. Rating the StrategyDriven Podcast and providing your comments online improves our ranking and helps us attract new listeners which, in turn, helps us grow our community.
Thank you again for listening to the StrategyDriven Podcast!
About the Author
Sharon Drew Morgen is a New York Times bestselling author and developer of a change management model based on buy-in that she’s written about in her latest book Dirty Little Secrets. She is the visionary thought leader behind Buying Facilitation®, a decision facilitation model that focuses on helping buyers and those who would be impacted by the accompanying change manage their internal, unconscious, and behind-the-scenes issues that must be addressed before they purchase anything or buy-in to the requested change. She has served many well known companies including: KPMG, Unisys, IBM, Wachovia, and Bose. To read Sharon Drew’s complete biography, click here.
FREE related content from StrategyDriven