Change is indeed occurring. Leaders who can motivate and inspire their employees to embrace change give their organization a significant competitive advantage. Those who do not place their organization at significant risk of becoming irrelevant.
“The number of transistors and resistors on a chip doubles every 18 months.”
co-Founder , Intel
Originally published in Electronics Magazine, April 19, 1965
When Gordon Moore made this famous comment, there were approximately 60 devices on an Intel chip. Four decades later, Intel placed 1.7 billion transistors on its Itanium chip; proving Moore’s Law to be fairly accurate.
Only a few things occur with certainty and one of those is change. Technology changes flattened the world and gave us access to individuals living thousands of miles away. And it did so in less than two decades. As business leaders, we no longer compete with local, regional, or domestic providers; we are challenged by rivals from Europe, India, China, and Japan.
Advances in technology altered the social fabric of the workplace too. While cell phones, email, and social networking connect us almost instantaneously from almost anywhere on the planet, medical breakthroughs enable us to live longer, more productive lives; bringing together four generations of employees in our workforce – each with differing values, goals, and needs.
Focus of the Change Management Forum
Materials contained within the Change Management Forum provide insight to the principles of change management as well as the best practices of those leaders recognized as top performers in this area. Each article is tailored to help readers improve their organization’s change management policies and practices so to achieve superior results and move ahead of the competition.
StrategyDriven Personal Business Advisor Remote Assistance and Dedicated Advisor clients and Change Management Forum subscribers can access all of the articles listed below. Self-Guided clients can access those articles annotated as [SG = 📱]
Not yet a StrategyDriven Personal Business Advisor client? Click here to learn more.
- Post Implementation Productivity [SG = 📱]
- Making Change Work: What is Change? and Why is Change so Hard?
- Making Change Work: What are Systems and How Do They Influence Change?
- Making Change Work: The Problems of Change Management: Bias, Resistance, and Push
- Making Change Work: If Decisions Are Always Rational, Why Are Changees Resisting?
- Making Change Work: Why is Buy-in Necessary and How to Achieve It
- Making Change Work: A Radical Approach to Change Management, Real Leadership
- Overcoming Resistance to Change, part 1 of 2
- Overcoming Resistance to Change, part 2 of 2
StrategyDriven Podcast – Special Edition
- An Interview with Sharon Drew Morgen, author of Dirty Little Secrets, part 1 of 2
- An Interview with Sharon Drew Morgen, author of Dirty Little Secrets, part 2 of 2
- An Interview with Rick Maurer, author of Beyond the Wall of Resistance
- An Interview with Victoria Grady, author of The Pivot Point
- An Interview with Jason Jennings, author of The Reinventors
The StrategyDriven Team
Headquartered in Acworth, Georgia, StrategyDriven provides affordable business management consultants in Atlanta, the Southeast, throughout the United States, and around the World. Our world class advisors are recognized leaders in their chosen fields.
To learn more about StrategyDriven’s team of seasoned business executives, click here.