StrategyDriven Podcast Special Edition 37 – An Interview with Ann Marie Sabath, author of Business Etiquette
StrategyDriven Podcasts focus on the tools and techniques executives and managers can use to improve their organization’s alignment and accountability to ultimately achieve superior results. These podcasts elaborate on the best practice and warning flag articles on the StrategyDriven website.
Special Edition 37 – An Interview with Ann Marie Sabath, author of Business Etiquette, explores the often unwritten and unspoken rules of behavior for the business world that when applied differentiate business professionals from businesspeople; setting them apart and helping them climb the corporate ladder. During our discussion, Ann Marie Sabath, author of Business Etiquette: 101 Ways to Conduct Business with Charm and Savvy and President of At Ease, shares with us her insights and illustrative examples regarding:
- the default rules of etiquette for unfamiliar situations and those for which there are no rules
- impact of increasing workplace diversity on business etiquette protocols and the importance of the Platinum Rule
- resolving conflicts between etiquette and efficiency
- rules of email and Blackberry® etiquette
- handling situations in which you will be late (e.g., a meeting or task)
- dealing with unfamiliar acronyms and technical terms during conversations in business and social settings
In addition to the invaluable insights Ann Marie shares in Business Etiquette and this special edition podcast are the resources accessible from her websites, www.AnnMarieSabath.com and www.CorporateEtiquette.com. Ann Marie’s book, Business Etiquette, can be purchased by clicking here.
About the Author
Ann Marie Sabath, author of Business Etiquette, is President of At Ease, a nationally recognized protocol and etiquette firm. She has trained more than 90,000 individuals at companies such as Fidelity Investments, Monster.com, Deloitte & Touche, and Marriott International. The first and second editions of Business Etiquette have been recognized by the Oprah Winfrey Show, The New York Times, and Entrepreneur magazine. To read Ann Marie’s complete biography, click here.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 30:48 — 42.3MB)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!