StrategyDriven Professional Podcast Episode 4 – Skills Mismatch: Business Acumen and Strategy Execution
StrategyDriven Professional Podcasts focus on the tools and techniques business professionals can use to accelerate their careers and personal goals achievement. These podcasts elaborate on the principle, best practice, and warning flag articles found on the StrategyDriven Professional website.
Episode 4 - Skills Mismatch: Business Acumen and Strategy Execution explores the importance of acquiring and maintaining business acumen skills as a key component of strategy execution. During our discussion, Rommin Adl, Executive Vice President and Global Partner at BTS USA, shares with us his insights and illustrative examples regarding:
- business acumen and its importance to strategy execution
- marketplace shortage of executives and managers with business acumen skills and the impact on companies with this skills deficiency
- business acumen skills differences between executives and managers
- actions that can be taken to close the business acumen skills gaps
- trend towards and benefits of using business simulations over traditional classroom training
In addition to the invaluable insights Rommin shares in this podcast are the resources accessible from his company's website, www.BTS.com.
About the Author
Rommin Adl is Executive Vice President and Global Partner at BTS USA, a leader in the development and delivery of high-impact experiential learning initiatives that drive alignment, mindset, and capability around strategic priorities. For over twenty years, Rommin has advised leaders at companies including Aetna, AT&T, GlaxoSmithKline, Honeywell, Humana, Time Warner, and many others on issues of strategy development and implementation.
Nathan Ives is a StrategyDriven Principal and Host of the StrategyDriven Podcast. For over twenty years, he has served as trusted advisor to executives and managers at dozens of Fortune 500 and smaller companies in the areas of management effectiveness, organizational development, and process improvement. To read Nathan's complete biography, click here.
FREE StrategyDriven Trial Membership
Start your FREE trial membership* and receive:
* Free 14 day trial included with a monthly membership registration. A monthly recurring subscription of $9.95 will begin after the initial 14 day trial period. Memberships can be cancelled at any time. Premium Member access will continue until the free/paid subscription expires.
† Available only to those living within the United States after the first monthly membership payment is received. Name and address information required. Books typically valued from $14.95 - $29.95 USD. Book value is not guaranteed.