StrategyDriven Podcast Special Edition 17 – An Interview with Garry Ridge, co-author of Helping People Win at Work
StrategyDriven Podcasts focus on the tools and techniques executives and managers can use to improve their organization’s alignment and accountability to ultimately achieve superior results. These podcasts elaborate on the best practice and warning flag articles on the StrategyDriven website.
Special Edition 17 – An Interview with Garry Ridge, co-author of Helping People Win at Work explores the Partnering for Performance management system and how it engages employees to assess and improve their performance to unprecedented levels. During our discussion, Garry Ridge, President and CEO of the WD-40 Company and co-author of Helping People Win at Work: A Business Philosophy Called “Don’t Mark My Paper, Help Me Get an A” shares his insights regarding:
- the importance of building a “tribe member” versus an employer-employee relationship with organization members
- how the Partnering for Performance system engages tribe members to develop their own performance assessments and take responsibility for their own development
- benefits of eliminating the manager developed performance assessments, forced rankings, and bell curve performance distributions of traditional performance management systems
- steps needed to move an organization, particularly its culture, to embrace the Partnering for Performance system
- quantified improvement in bottom line results achieved after implementing the Partnering for Performance system at the WD-40 Company
In addition to the incredible insights Garry shares in Helping People Win at Work and this special edition podcast are the additional resources accessible from his The Learning Moment website, (www.TheLearningMoment.net). Garry’s book, Helping People Win at Work, published by FT Press can be purchased by clicking here.
The strength of our community grows with the additional insights brought by our expanding member base. Please consider rating us on iTunes by clicking here. Rating the StrategyDriven Podcast and providing your comments online improves our ranking and helps us attract new listeners which, in turn, helps us grow our community.
Thank you again for listening to the StrategyDriven Podcast!
About the Author
Garry Ridge, co-author of Helping People Win at Work, is President and CEO of the WD-40 Company, the San Diego, California based maker of the ever-popular WD-40, as well as the Lava heavy duty hand cleaners, Carpet Fresh, and 2000 Flushes household cleaning products. Garry teaches leadership, talent management, and succession planning at the University of San Diego’s Executive Leadership program and in 2003 was named Director of the Year for Enhancement of Economic Value by the Corporate Directors Forum. A native of Australia, he has served as national Vice President of the Australian Institute and the Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association. To read Garry’s full biography, click here.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 24:20 — 33.5MB)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!