StrategyDriven Podcasts focus on the tools and techniques executives and managers can use to improve their organization’s alignment and accountability to ultimately achieve superior results. These podcasts elaborate on the best practice and warning flag articles on the StrategyDriven website.
Special Edition 21b – An Interview with Duane Sparks, author of Selling Your Price further explores how the Action Selling process is used to help clients understand they are not purchasing a commodity product but rather one that is highly differentiated by the value you and your company offer. During our discussion, Duane Sparks, author of Selling Your Price: How to Escape the Race to the Bargain Basement and Chairman and Founder of The Sales Board, shares with us his insights and illustrative examples regarding:
- why buyers come to perceive products and services as commodities
- why salespeople fall into the trap of accepting their client’s assertions that their products and services are commodities
- what salespeople can to do differentiate their products and services
- how salespeople can deal with buyers who are highly trained and skilled in negotiating on price in order to avoid the race to the bargain basement
In addition to the invaluable selling skills insight Duane shares in Selling Your Price and this special edition podcast, please visit his company’s Sales Training or Sales Management site. To discover why this selling skill is so effective at maximizing sales productivity, purchase Duane’s book: Selling Your Price.
Complimenting Selling Your Price, are Duane’s four other books on the consultative sales process including:
- Action Selling: How to sell like a professional, even if you think you are one
- Questions: The Answer to Sales
- Masters of Loyalty: How to turn your sales force into a loyalty force.
- Sales Strategy from the Inside Out: How Complex Selling Really Works
Read a Summary of the above Sales Books.
The strength of our community grows with the additional insights brought by our expanding member base. Please consider rating us on iTunes by clicking here. Rating the StrategyDriven Podcast and providing your comments online improves our ranking and helps us attract new listeners which, in turn, helps us grow our community.
Thank you again for listening to the StrategyDriven Podcast!
About the Author
Duane Sparks, author of Selling Your Price, is Chairman and Founder of The Sales Board, a Minneapolis-based strategic sales training company that has trained and certified more than 350,000 salespeople in more than 3,000 groups in the system and skills of Action Selling. He has written five sales books, personally facilitated more than 300 Action Selling training sessions and continues to engage in the business and art of the strategic sales process. Read Duane’s full biography and the history of Action Selling Sales Management Training.
Related content from StrategyDriven