There is some truth to the old saying, “Image is everything”.
Your eyes process images in just 13 milliseconds.
So, what does that mean for you as a savvy business person?
It means you should be thinking about how your peers, potential clients, and coworkers view your image.
The easiest place to start? Your business card.
A well put together business card can leave a lasting impression that speaks volumes about the kind of person you are.
So let’s take a look a how to design a business card that will be a step above the rest.
How to design a business card
Using these 3 tips when designing a business card will take your business persona to the next level.
Let’s get started!
1. First Impressions Are Everything
Remember what we said about image? We meant it!
Your business card design should reflect the style of your business. Your values should be well communicated by just looking at the card.
For example, if you are a creative florist with a passion for wild bouquets, you might choose a brightly colored card with a floral motif. Choosing a dark or modest card would not really reflect the appropriate image of you or your product.
The same goes for a formal business environment. You would want your color scheme to be more muted and straightforward to reflect your values.
If your creative side is struggling consider using a business card template to help inspire you.
2. Clear Contact Information
Don’t make prospective clients squint or grab their readers just to give you a call.
The minimum size you should ever be using is 8pt, but generally, 10pt-16pt is where you want to keep the size.
Your contact info should be in clear order as well.
Try laying the contact info in this classic order:
- Company name
- First and Last name
- Job title
- Contact info (phone number, email, social, etc)
The whole point of your business card is to help people get in touch with you. Making sure your contact info is clear and concise ensures that your business card design is doing its job!
3. Give It Something Extra
Standing out among the sea of business cards can be tricky, but these creative extras could help your card get the extra glance!
- Magnetic cards – For businesses that have frequently required services like, hairstylists, lawn care workers, plumbers, etc, a convenient magnetic card placed on the refrigerator can make booking appointments a breeze.
- Appointment tracker – Having a reminder for important dates or appointments directly on the card will be convenient for your client and lead to less missed appointments.
- Finishing touches – Different printers can create final touches that make your card stand out against the rest. Try touches like embossing, which raises your text for a unique texture, or foil stamping, which makes your card shiny in areas where applied.
All of these extra final steps can take your design to the next level.
The Finished Product
Now that you understand how to design a business card like a pro it’s time to get started! Don’t be afraid to let your personality shine. Make your new business card today!
For more tips on for success in business check out the rest of our site!
Related content from StrategyDriven